Saturday, April 6, 2013

The Turkish are European Asians!!

I decided to go with my dad to this Muslim banquet that they were having. It turned out to be at the Turquoise Turkish Center on the Southwest side. It is so pretty here. The building is made of marbles, and tiles and decorated in colorful trinkets and things. The exterior walls are layered in turquiose tiles with fancy designed trim. It's different. It just reminds you about all the different cultures that are right under our noses. The Turkish people that are here are very different than my people in their mannerisms and all. They kind of remind me of the Chinese in the way they speak and the volume at which the speak. They aren't rambunctious like my people at all. But don't get it twisted. Im sure they can hold their ground in an argument or discussion by the way they speak and act. It's full of emotion.

And what I just found out, and undoubtably should've realized earlier, probably from my years of high school education, is that Turkish people are a mix of European and Asian ethnicities. So basically what that means is that since Turkey is the gateway to both Europe and Asia, the Turkish culture as a whole is a cultivation of European Asians with deviations in the amount of each culture they adopt. So basically, the Turkish decide whether they are more European or more Asian. And depending on the way they were raised and their cultural practices that are passed down from mother to child over the decades, determines whether they are more Asian than European. Does that makes since. So, you learn something everyday. I should've already knew that though. I'm a little ashamed!!!! Ha ha! Ya'll tell me if I'm wrong or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment